It’s the middle of January in 2012. Also, my blog has been neglected for months. And yet, I’d like to share with you my New Year’s Resolution(s) like the cliché that it is.
The most fantastic thing I’ve read in a long while was from Meg Worden: Eat Like an Artist. I read it out loud to my husband (he liked it, also). Then, I printed it out and taped it to our kitchen wall just before people started arriving for our New Year’s Eve celebration.
I intend to, yes, eat like an artist and below is an outline of some of my other intentions for the upcoming year.
Here it goes:
- I’m now vegan, officially, again. Recommitted and inspired to stick with the lifestyle, even here in the Midwest. No excuses.
- Move: to stretch, jump, walk, dance, run, squeeze, lift, swim, bend, and otherwise not be still. This I intend to do at least 30 minutes of everyday.
- Hydrate for the skin, the brain, and the body. This also means more frequent restroom breaks. Ha!
- Coffee is for coffee shops. No more silly coffee from the office coffee maker that’s average tasting. When I want to indulge on the black stuff, it will be enjoyed at the best coffee shops around. This implies less coffee for me, too, as I don’t have time to sit and enjoy a soy latte every morning.
- Stop the silly habit of watching TV in bed just before nodding off. Turn off the MacBook and pick up a freaking book!
This might be the most important motivating factor for me. I’m going to be in a wedding in Panama. In February. And I’ve got to wear a slinky dress, and go with friends to a beach, and wear less clothes as it will be super hot. So, yeah, there’s that.
And what are your intentions for 2012? I hope you are dreaming big, as that’s the only way. ”I’m the hero of the story, don’t need to be saved.”
Here’s to the best year yet!